Monday, August 23, 2010

Seventeen

My son the one on the right is seventeen now. He no longer feels like he has to answer to me.

Ever since the summer started it has gotten worse. Lastnight he slept out all night and didn't even call and this is not the first time.

I always explain to him how worried I was and that I have no choice to call the police or hospitals if I don't have his friends phone numbers. He wrote his girlfriends number out for me a while ago and today it took me four tries because of how sloppy he wrote it.

I got some numbers from her and located him. He was on his way home and his cell phone broke lastnight. He has no answer as to why he couldn't use a friends.

He keeps asking me if I was really that worried. I keep trying to explain to him that even when he says he is going to be home at 9 and doesn't come home til 12 I worry.

I guess it is something he refuses to get. He feels like he is a man now and he is just burning up time living here til he goes off to college. He has one more year left of highschool.

Well I love my son and other then that he is pretty responsible. He does chores when I ask him too most times and he never disrespects me. He has held down a job for over a year now and they like him.

I sometimes have heart attacks sitting here wondering where he is. Latley he has been keeping me in the loop by texting. The other part of it is his friends spend most of their time here latley. He use to sleep out a lot more then he has been. Lastnight was the first time in a long time and he didn't even call me.

I open his door every morning to either check how many kids slept over or if he is even in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment