Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bills

It is so difficult to be a single parent who doesn't get child support. Like right now. All my bills are paid but I don't have a dollar to my name. I want to take my children out to do something but we don't even have gas in the car.

I lost my part time job so I am really worried where our next meal is coming from. For instance right now I have not eaten because we have no bread. I have a piece of toast every morning.

I thank god that I have cereal for the kids and milk other wise they would be going hungry. We went without meat for three weeks last month. My children thought it was because I didn't want to cook but it was really because I didn't have the money to buy us real suppers.

The church comes by once a month and brings me food. They give me things like cereal and things the children will eat but I don't like any of that stuff.

What I do is wait until I'm really hungry and then eat real fast so I don't taste what I am eating. My children like what they are eating so that is all that matters to me.

I see their fathers all the time and i'm sure if I asked my daughters father to borrow some money he would let me, but i'm too embarassed. He is very well off and works hard for a living and doesn't understand why I went back to college because I am so broke.

I only have one semester left and then I will beable to find a job and get back to having money again.

No comments:

Post a Comment