Friday, August 20, 2010

The beach

When your a single mom you come up with things to do with your children that don't cost a lot of money. Unless you get child support.

One thing we did was visit my sisters cabin on the beach. She made it a wonderful time. Her and I sat in chairs on the edge of the shore and watched as my children played.

Christian dove in and rode the waves with his cousins and Faith dove in and did the same. She had a boogie board so we all kept a close eye on her while she stayed hip deep and rode it to shore.

The laughs and smiles on my childrens faces made all my cares go away. I didn't worry that the electric bill was over due or that their fathers didn't respect me. It was all about their laughs and their smiles.

I love my children beyond believe.

We went back to the cottage and had something to eat and then we all as a family walked down to see the fireworks. We sat and watched as the sky exploded into colors. Then we walked the shore back to the cabin and talked.

When I am old and gray I will remember these times and not the struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment